Hello friends! Hope you are all well. In today’s post, I’m going to share with you a list of 5 things you can do on Sunday to get ready for the following week, and make the next days some of your best in regards to hair, skin, and nails. Hope you enjoy the read, and try some of these tips out tonight!
- Exfoliate lips- There are 2 really basic, easy ways you can do this. One is by using an old toothbrush (or mascara wand!) and rubbing it in circles across your lips. The other method uses a lip scrub. There are plenty of lip scrubs on the market, but you can just as easily make your own from home. My favorite is an easy 2-ingredient coconut oil and sugar scrub. Just combine equal parts white sugar to melted coconut oil and scrub down your lips with it! Then wipe it off for a fuller, softer pout. Whether you used the first or second method, you’ll want to finish off with a moisturizer. You can use chapstick, vaseline, or an oil. My favorite moisturizer is more coconut oil.
- Hair Mask- Use a hair mask Sunday night for shinier, healthier, and more moisturized hair all week. Similarly to lip scrubs, there are many hair masks out there that you can buy, and you can also DIY a hair mask using what you have in your home. Another option is using argan oil or coconut oil- heat up the oil (careful that it’s not too hot) and use it to massage your scalp, then spread through your hair starting at the ends and working your way up. Let sit for 1-2 hours before rinsing and shampooing thoroughly. My favorite store-bought hair mask is Suave’s Almond + Shea Butter Moisture Mask. I bought it a Target for under $3, and it’s lasted me months.
^^Just ignore all the hairs. ; )
- Body Scrub- For soft, smooth skin come Monday morning, make a body scrub tonight by combining sugar and a body lotion. Apply it to your legs, arms, and hands, and scrub in circular motions. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse off.
- Nails- To achieve your best looking nails, it’s important that you spend some time on them every week. Start by removing any leftover polish. Then soak in warm water for 5-10 minutes. Afterwards, gently push back your cuticles. Dry your nails completely, then file then edges as needed. Next, to moisturize, I like using coconut oil (Yes, again. You’d be surprised how many uses you can find for coconut oil). Rub into nails, cuticles, and the surrounding skin and let sit for 10-15 minutes or longer if you can, before rinsing off. Then you can proceed to paint your nails if you want (Though at this point they’ll look so good you may just want to leave them au naturel 😉 ). Finish with a top coat whether you painted them or not, for added shine and protection. My fav top coat is by Sally Hansen, it’s called Mega Shine. It’s made with micro-diamond dust and is designed to fuse, seal, and dry your manicure all in just 60 seconds.
- Face Mask- My last tip for you is to use a face mask. There are many different face masks out there that you can either buy or make, each with different ingredients and thus different benefits. Spend some time looking into DIY recipes and find one that will fit your needs. Some are designed to moisturize, others firm skin and provide some anti-aging properties. Others even out your skin and lessen the appearance of wrinkles and darkspots. Others still help to prevent acne. In short, there’s a lot of different options, find one that will be the best for your face to use. Face masks are simple to do, and inexpensive when you make your own from home. So spend some time exploring pinterest, and find one you can try tonight for glowing skin all week! Your face will thank you : )
I hope you learned something new in this post. Which of these ideas are you going to try tonight? I want to hear from you, comment below! ❤